Saturday, October 8, 2016

Saturday Step x Step: The Last Leaf Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial

Hello, Friends!  Welcome to Saturday Step x Step! It's Kathy Clement here with a Snapguide tutorial to share with you.


I created this 5" x 7" mixed media canvas for the current "Author, Author" challenge at Frilly and Funkie.  My canvas is based on O. Henry's poignant short story titled "the Last Leaf."  


So grab a cuppa and a snack, relax and enjoy this Saturday Step x Step. You can even wear your jammies! I'll never tell!



Thanks so much for sharing your Saturday with me!

Cheerio,
Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Stunning creation Kathy, very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shilpa! I can't wait to see what you make for this challenge!

      Delete
  2. A great tutorial Kathy, the rusted corrugated background is just amazing and your finished piece is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Redanne! I really had fun creating that rusted background. My husband gave me a funny look when I starting tearing the cover off a corrugate shipping package. But he gets it now. LOL

      Delete
  3. Fantastic tutorial! The corrugated "canvas" and masterboard techniques are amazing. Can't wait to try those. Thank you so much for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tom! I confess, I am a patterned paper girl, but there's something very satisfying about creating your own. I hope you share it with us when you give it a try!

      Delete
  4. Stunning piece and a great tutorial.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial, love it made me want to stop what I was doing & hop on in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is high praise, indeed Karen! I'm so glad you were inspired! Thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete