Thursday, December 7, 2017

Guest Designer - Lisa Hoel

Say hello and give a warm welcome to Lisa Hoel, our Guest Designer for the Most Memorable Gift challenge. Lisa was the Design Team's Top Pick for the Trick or Treat challenge. You can find Lisa's blog Creative Juice Fresh Squeezed HERE.


Hello, my name is Lisa Hoel and I’m a lifelong craft lover. I’ve been ‘arting’ ever since I first picked up a crayon! Paper crafts have been my main focus for the past fifteen years or so and I love to make detailed, layered, textured, mixed-media type projects. I am not usually a clean and simple type artist. ;-) My background is in graphic design and I'm blessed to be married to the greatest guy in the world and have two dynamic boys. You can find me here:

Blog: creativejuicefreshsqueezed.blogspotcom
Facebook: facebook.com/lisa.hoel.5
Instagram: instagram.com/creativejuicefreshsqueezed
Pinterest: pinterest.com/lh_monalisa


When I was in grade school, I received a dollhouse one Christmas. I was ecstatic! It was a four room, yellow Victorian with real shingles! The inside was completely empty, waiting for my decorating touches. That gift sparked a passion for miniatures that lasted all the way through high school. As I got older, I gave away my dollhouse (my boys weren't interested lol) but I retained that love of tiny houses and settings.


These days I indulge it by making little vignette boxes/ projects and of course diminutive settings for Tim Holtz Village houses. For this challenge, I decked out the village for Christmas! The neighbor down below is quite festive. ;-)

Hop on over to my blog for more photos and details on how this all came together.

* * *
Once you have checked out all the details for Lisa's wonderful project we invite you to come back and share your 'Most Memorable Gift' project and story with us.  The challenge runs until 11:55 pm EST on December 19th and can be found HERE.

9 comments:

  1. All the hours you must have spent putting that together was well worth it. Looks fabulous. The details make is spectacular. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I will never get tired of seeing this fabulous creation!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a fan of Lisa's decorative lanterns. Totally love this version with all it's fabulous detail. So whimsical and fun! Thanks, Lisa for always inspiring us with your beautiful art, and especially for being out guest designer at F&F. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful decoration Lisa...thank you so much for sharing this inspiring make

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, Holy cow! This is an amazing scene, so filled with details that can only be really appreciated when one sees this coming together--of course I had to peek at your blog! I was so pleased to see Santa and his sleigh made it into this scene! So clever to include both a frilly and a funkie house in the neighborhood! Thank you so much for all your hard work and for being our Guest Designer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Walking in a winter wonderland for sure! Thank you for sharing your lovely art here as a guest designer with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking Lisa!!!! An incredible amount of patience, work and talent has gone into creating this amazing Christmas Village centerpiece and I adore that you've even gone to the trouble of decorating that beautiful lantern to complete it all to perfection. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete