Saturday, December 9, 2017

Saturday Step x Step Tutorial: How to Make a Christmas Window Shaker Element

Hello, Friends!  Welcome to Saturday Step x Step!  I know that many of us are busy at work on our Christmas home decor projects, so I thought I'd share a "how to" for this White Christmas Shaker Etcetera Tag,. The tag was created for the Most Memorable Christmas Challenge going on right now at Frilly and Funkie.


The base is a Tim Holtz Small Etcetera Tag.  I love working with these large sturdy tags!  The small tags measure a generous 6.5" x 12".  Perfect for a tag layout like this one.


The focus of the tag is this wintry window scene flanked by Tim's Victorian Carolers.   The window is actually a shaker element.


I used product packaging from the Victorian Carolers Die as my window glass.


The reverse side of the tag has a fun waterfall photo album where you can preserve all your holiday memories.

I've prepared a Snapguide Tutorial showing you step by step how I built the shaker window, prepared the tag base and added the layers.  I hope you enjoy!

Check out How to Create a Christmas Shaker Window Element by Kathy Clement on Snapguide.

My Christmas wish for you is that you find a little time to relax, create and enjoy this beautiful season.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy

Products From The Funkie Junkie Boutique




6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Kathy x Thank you so much for sharing your step by step details...very inspiring.

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this the first go round, and I'm so excited to get to see all the details close up in your Snap Guide. A fabulous tutorial! You make that window look easy, but I KNOW I would have everything stuck where it shouldn't be! (Do you know I have a glue phobia?) What a treasure this is! Thank you for your hard work and that wonderful guide! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly the issues I've had before - my sequins and beads stick to the tape, grr, so I will try this way next lol! I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who has shaker issues though xx

      Delete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!! Gorgeous design and all the fabulous pages are one page after another of yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathy! Not only is your tag a beautiful inspiration it's also a learning tool. I will try this technique following your steps as I have had issue in the past with shaker elements. Happy Holidays Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making me need this window die Kathy! What an amazing shaker and I particularly love the church seen through the window, a wonderful representation of your story. <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete