Saturday, May 19, 2018

Saturday Showcase - Tim Holtz Number Stamps


Happy Saturday friends!  Autumn with you today to share some ideas for using the new Tim Holtz numbers stamp set, Merchant.  I've created several simple card designs to help get your wheels turning for ways you can incorporate this fabulous stamp set into your work.  First up, the always needed graduation card.  My youngest daughter will graduate next year, so I made a Class of 2019 card.  I used a couple of Christmas products with a spin.  I embossed the snowflake stamp in three different colors to make the confetti background.  I used Gold and the new Sage and Navy powders by Ranger.  These are sooooo beautiful!  Then I added a metallic bow from the Festive Greens set. 


It's always fun to highlight a special birthday year.  I used Tim's Glorious Bouquet for a subtle background.  I sponged an ombre effect with Worn Lipstick, then made a simple wrap with cardstock and gold thread.  For these cards I embossed my numbers onto a Baroque label die.  To make the mat, I cut a second piece of the same size and cut it in half.  I used wet glue to help align each half a little above and a little below the focal die.


We have lots of ten year olds in and around our home this year.  I used the largest numeral stamps to make an embellishment for this simple shaker card.  I made an ombre background with Distress Oxides, then used a texture fade to give it a pattern.  I love using DOX with my embossing folders because you can easily sand off the top of the embossed areas for contrast.


Of course, the stamp set will be perfect to commemorate each New Year.  Here I embossed Tim's new Batik stamp in gold and sponged a little Antique Linen DI on the edges.  I layered with a jeweled Prima flower and a Small Talk sticker.


I know that most of you will be using the stamps for your altered style mixed media work, but remember to break them out for other occasions, such as Valentine treats, Christmas Advent calendars, etc.  I was slightly anxious about lining up the numbers, but with the image printed on the cling foam it was a breeze.  I hope your wheels are turning with some ideas of your own now.  Happy stamping!


Find these products at The Funkie Junkie Boutique today:

3 comments:

  1. So many wonderful ideas for making cards for special occasions using the Merchant set Autumn! Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and inspiring post, Autumn! Lots of fabulous ideas to use those stamps! All of your backgrounds are gorgeous;)! You rocked this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool ideas using the numbers stamps! I love the numbers stamps and this has my brain thinking of new ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete