Thursday, June 21, 2018

Guest Designer - Lyla Larimore

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for the 'By Airmail' challenge.  Please say hello and give a warm welcome to Lyla Larimore, whose blog is A Chief’s Wife’s Heart’s A’Fire.  Lyla was the Design Team's Top Pick from the 'Surf's Up! challenge.


Hi! My name is Lyla Larimore, and I am a native of the Hoosier State- Indiana - but am a BOILERMAKER by the 5 other members of my family who have attended or graduated from Purdue University, which is not too far from our home. I am a ‘professional’ Wife and Mom who has been at home since the birth of our younger Son, and our older Son recently made us first-time Grandparents last June! I take all my jobs seriously since family is the most important gift GOD can give us. Just about everything I do has something to do with my Chief Hubby (26 yr, now retired - Vol FD Chief who is still MY No.1!), our 2 sets of couples kids, and now - our Grandson! You’ll find more details about me all over my Blog - A Chief’s Wife’s Heart’s A’Fire. While you’re there, check out some of the other Funkie and Frilly Challenge Blog projects/entries I’ve done.


Enjoying the journey is only half of it: it's when you "Share The Journey" that brings back the fun you enjoyed & spreads a little of that fun with others. This latest theme on The Frilly & Funkie Challenge Blog: "By Airmail" is the perfect opportunity to do that!

This is my second time around as Guest Designer here, & I have a project that has been in the making for a full year. Sounds hard, but with all the fun tools to work with out there, and some basic colors (Thanks to the Red, White, & Blue!), my Tim Holtz Worn Cover Album was simple & actually saved time.

With summer in full swing this week, gather a few tidbits, photos, -and of course- all your love, and share some of your travels with someone.... By Airmail!

Here's a close up from one page of my journal:



To find out more about how I put this journal together and to see the rest of the pages inside, please pop over to my blog.

* * *
I can genuinely say my jaw hit the floor when I saw the rest of Lyla's incredible journal and I really do urge you to go on over to her blog to see how she used her Tim Holtz supplies and dies to create the perfect place to store her treasured memories. Thank you Lyla for going the extra mile (and then some!) to inspire everyone to create a little something for the By Airmail challenge.

The current challenge can be found HERE and runs until 11:55 pm on July 3rd so you have lots of time to create. If you need more inspiration, the Funkie side of the Design Team will be sharing their fabulous projects on June 27th. And there's an exciting new Saturday Showcase coming this weekend so make sure you come back for that too.

2 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy this travel journal is one not to be missed!!! I've just hopped over to your blog post Lyla and my jaw is still on the floor!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and for being our Frilly and Funkie Guest Designer again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with Jenny! This is one amazing album with a gorgeous cover and page after page of delightful creativity! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete