Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Guest Designer - Elle (Empire of the Cat)

There is just time before Christmas to welcome our final Guest Designer of 2021. Say hi to Elle (Empire of the Cat) who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'Tag It' challenge.


Hi there! It's Elle from Empire of the Cat. I'm so excited to be Guest Designer at Funkie Junkie Boutique blog for the first time! I really enjoy the FJ challenges and great DT inspiration so it's very exciting to win a challenge and get a chance to be the featured GD. I have always loved making things, whether it is sewing, crochet, painting, DIY or baking... you get the idea. Yes, I'm a multi-crafter - I just like to make things! I really love mixed media art and especially love art journalling and try to work every day in my journal if possible. I love to try out new ideas, and my journal is a good place to experiment - I also don't have to show anyone the failed experiments! LOL As you can probably tell from the name of my website, I love cats! My blog is where I share my arty experiments and feature my little cat family. I hope that you will feel inspired to drop by and say hello!


Since it is so close to Christmas, my project today is some last minute Christmas cards! If you find yourself in the same situation and need more cards, perhaps you might take some inspiration from this set. I love Distress Oxide on dark card, so for these cards I started with a black background. There's a few steps to making these cards but none of them are complicated and it took no time at all to make them.


I used two of my favourite Distress colours - Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough - over white acrylic paint and some Kay Carley Christmas stamps from Paperartsy for my gold heat embossed trees, sentiment and snowflakes. There are more photos and details on my blog.

* * *
Elle's cards are so beautiful aren't they! Making use of Distress Oxide Inks to create those snowy backgrounds is such a fantastic idea and when teamed with gold embossing they become so magical . Thank you Elle for your amazing inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Make sure you check out Elle's blog to see and find out more.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning and festive cards! So wonderful to see Elle here as Guest Designer, and I'm looking forward to seeing her here more in the future. I've been a long time fan of her wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete