Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Guest Designer - Lisa Hoel

It is time to welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Yuletide Delights' challenge. Say hi to Lisa Hoel who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'Living Things' challenge.


Hello, my name is Lisa Hoel and I’m a lifelong craft lover. I’ve been ‘arting’ ever since I first picked up a crayon! Paper crafts have been my main focus for the past twenty years or so and I love to make detailed, layered, textured, mixed-media type projects. I am not usually a clean and simple type artist. ;-) My background is in graphic design and I'm blessed to be married to the greatest guy in the world and have two dynamic boys. You can find me here: creativejuicefreshsqueezed.blogspot.com


I love all things vintage Christmas and when my Mom mentioned her fond memories and childhood fascination with their Christmas tree bubble lights, an idea was sparked! I happened to have a stash of old bubble light bulbs and vintage candoliers in my stash that I knew would be perfect to craft-ify.


I mixed truly vintage holiday bits with Tim Holtz Idea-ology and die cuts. I love how his products mix so well with the actual vintage! I hope my Mom enjoys this merry Kitschmas decoration as much as I do.

* * *
How special is this vintage Christmas vignette and so perfect for the current challenge! Mixing some modern makes with your vintage stash is such a great idea and so special. Thank you Lisa for your amazing inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Make sure you check out Lisa's blog to see more. Then come on back and share your 'Yuletide Delights' projects with us.

The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, December 14th.

1 comment:

  1. that was such a Wonderful time to grow up, I wish things would go back to those times when this were so very much better for everyone kids got to be kids, holidays were always special with family all around.
    Have a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas all

    ReplyDelete