Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Tim Holtz Christmas Stampers Anonymous - A Festive Collage Card

Hello, Lisa Hoel here and welcome to the current Product Focus! We are taking a look at Tim Holtz's 2022 Stampers Anonymous Christmas stamps. There are some great new sets released this season and I used one of my favorites (Festive Collage) to create a Christmas card.

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Boutique - Product Focus on Tim Holtz 2022 Christmas stamps!  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #tim_holtz #thefunkiejunkieboutique

I created lots of layers for this card! Let's take a look:

Step 1 - I used the new Pinecones stencil to create the background layer. I used Heavystock as my substrate and did one piece with Opaque Crackle Paste and one piece with Translucent Crackle Paste. I wanted to compare the two and wasn't sure which I wanted to use in my card.

Step 2 - I spritzed each piece with Antique Linen, Old Paper and Tea Dye Distress Stains as well as Fresh Balsam Mica Stain. The Opaque paste resists the stains more than the Translucent. I decided to go with the Translucent piece for my card.



Step 3 - The next layer was a piece embossed using the 3D Tree Rings Folder. The next was a Heavystock Tag to do my stamping on. I prepped it by smooshing Oxide Iced Spruce and Antique Linen onto the tag.

Step 4 - Stamping! Using a stamping platform, I first stamped my image with Archival Black Soot ink. Then I used some of the Seasonal Pearlescent Distress Crayons like watercolors to color the image in. (Scribble on a craft sheet and use a water brush to pick up the color and paint.) When the crayon was dry, I stamped again over the top with Black Soot to make the details of the stamped image crisp again.



Step 5 - I used the Vintage Labels Die Set to make a little label to stamp the sentiment on (from the Darling Christmas stamp set).


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to get some holiday crafting in! Keep an eye here on the Blog because you are now getting regular doses of expanded (and inspiring) content each week. Don't miss it…

Supplies used:

Tim Holtz Stamp Set - Festive Collage
Tim Holtz Stamp Set - Darling Christmas
Tim Holtz Die Set - Vintage Labels
Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fade embossing folder - Tree Rings
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Pinecones
Ranger Archival Inks - Red Geranium, Black Soot
Distress Spray Stain - Antique LinenOld PaperTea Dye
Distress Crackle Paste - Opaque, Translucent
Distress Seasonal Mica Stains - Fresh Balsam
Distress Crayons Seasonal - Tree Lot, Tart Cranberry, Crooked Broomstick
Distress Ink - Lumberjack Plaid
Distress Ink Oxide - Iced Spruce, Antique Linen
Distress Mixed Media Heavystock Tags
Distress Mixed Media Heavystock

No comments:

Post a Comment