Friday, December 2, 2022

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous: Department Store

 

This week at the Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave blog we are focusing on the new Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Holiday stamps and or stencils. f our two week challenge we will randomly select a $25 gift certificate winner.

For this card I want to highlight the stamps at CMS458 department store. The detail on this wreath is absolutely amazing and I used the layered stamp technique with coloured distress pencils to bring out the details. I also added a touch of the new distress colour lumberjack on the wreath’s ribbon. For process video click here.

For materials I used: Stamp set CMS458, distress colored pencils crushed olive, twisted citron, rustic wilderness, candied apple, and fired brick, distress ink vintage photo and lumberjack, Idea-ology droplets, washi tape, collage tiles, and baseboard sentiment, distress crayon walnut stain, collage medium, tonic snips, fine detailed water brush.

To start the card I am using a foundation of distress white heavy stock. Then I laid down a layer of collage me before we start collaging.


For this card I’m going to be collaging with the Idea-ology Christmas collage tiles for our background.


Here are the finished results for our collaged background. I collage squares of 3 x 4.


Well the collage tiles are dry we are going to be creating our focal point with stamps set CMS458 department store.


For stepping I am stamping on some distressed watercolour paper using the Tim Holtz Tonic stamping platform. As always we are standing with Distress archival black soot ink.


Once we have stamped our image we are going to be colouring this gorgeously detailed read with some Distress watercolor pencils. For colours I am going to be using vintage photo, candied apple, peeled paint, rustic wilderness, crushed olive, and twisted citron.


Below is our first layer of stamping. Here I am going to be layering of stamping and colouring. First I put down a layer of ink and then I add distressed watercolour pencil over the top. Then I will be blending out the colour and then adding a final layer of stamping to bring back the detail of the wreath.


To start I am colouring all of the berries with candid apple of stress pencil.


Here are the finished results from colouring in the wreath. In addition to using the Distress watercolour pencils I also pulled in some lumberjack plaid Distress ink to colour in the bow.


Now we are going to stamp our final layer of ink over the distressed watercolour pencils. As you can see between the two photos the detail of the wreath becomes more prominent with the second layer of distress archival black soot.


With all their colouring and stamping done we are now going to be fussy cutting this wreath. For fussy cutting I like to use the Tonic many snips.


Now that the collage base is dry let’s go back in and add some distressed walnut stain crayon to the little spaces between each of the tiles.


After smudging in the Distress crayon into the edges of our card base I then added some vintage photo distress ink with a mini blending tool and some dome foam.


Here I decided to add a border of some fabric tape with a gingham pattern on it. 


After I also decided to add a second border with a thin strip of washi tape over the gingham plaid. 


For our sentiment I am using one of the Idea-ology  baseboard sentiment quotes.


Four finishing touches I then added some droplets to the four corners of this card. 


Thank you so much for joining me here today at the Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on:
Instagram: @treasuresofthesea_jannak

Below are some links for some inspired shopping at the Funkie Junkie


CMS458 Department Store https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Tim_Holtz_Stamp_Set_Department_Store_CMS458_p/cms458.htm

Distress ink vintage photo 

Distress Ink lumberjack
 
Idea-ology droplets

Collage tiles 

Baseboard sentiment

Distress crayon set  walnut stain

Collage medium 

Distress Watercolor cardstock 

2 comments: