Friday, April 5, 2024

Janna's April Flowers

This week at the TFJB Inspiration Ave we are creating to the theme of “The Flowers Are Coming.” Here I thought I would try a new style of card. Below I have created a blooming pop up card with gorgeous flowers form the Sizzix TH Artsy Stem set.

If you would like to see in-depth details click here for video.


To start off this card, I cut some grey blue Sizzix textured cardstock at 8.5in x 5.5in as a card base.


Then I cut a sheet for the interior of the card at 5in x 4.5in from some white cardstock.


Each paper was folded in half. On the smaller page I drew a 3in line about 2/3 down the centre line. I then drew a second line an inch and a half lower. This will become the cut line for the pop up element.

I then cut alone the top and bottom lines of the rectangle that I drew on the card lining.


Then I cut three small cuts at the top of each folded line. These will become elements for a 3D box that will later hold flowers.


Below are the cut line results and the pop up box. After all the cutting was done I then used ATG tape to stick the card lining with pop up element into the card base.


On the front of the card I added a 5.5in x 4.25 metalic kraft stock panel.


Next we will start working on the main background of the card. Here I decided to do some ink blending with a stencil and the inks Mermaid Lagoon, Squeezed Lemonade, and Picked Raspberry.


The Stampers Anonymous TH stencil I am using is mosaic THS084. I blended the inks in with the TH Tiny Blending Tools.


Below are the blended results.


I then added some spritzes of water to create a distressed look and further blend together the inks.


Next I added some jute string and a floral embellishment to the front of the card. I wrapped the string around the watercolor cardstock base and then taped the ends in the back. The flower was made out of ultra thick embossing powder and distress glazes.


For a sentiment I stamped out hello spring from the bunny hop clear TH stamp set. The sentiment was stamped with distress archival Black Soot.


Now onto some floral fun. I diecut a dozen floral elements from Artsy Stems and distress white cardstock.

                                         

I then colored the florals with Distress Mica Crayons and smudged out the colors.


Below are the finished floral results with the Distress Mica Crayons. For colors I used: Yuletide, Cocktail Party, Harvest Moon, Unraveled, Jack-o-Lantern, Merry Mint, Tree Lot, Snow Flurries, and Fortune Teller.


Once all the flowers were colored I trimmed the stems and carefuly set the flowers into the dimensional box. I used tape on the inside of the box to secure the flowers inside.


Below is the finished card and it’s interior.



Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment