Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Lyla's April Flowers


Hello, Spring! Lyla here, to start you out once again with a new theme from The Funkie Junkie Boutique's owner, Linda Coughlin; "The Flowers Are Coming!". And I'm excited enough for everyone because there are so many new items hitting the shelves from all your favorite top Makers; Tim Holtz, Dina Wakley, and Eileen Hull, as well as Sizzix, Ranger, and Stampers Anonymous... all have new releases, so be sure to check them out. I'm going to start you off with a mix of my 2 faves and sprinkle in some Prima Marketing Flowers that added the perfect touch for this theme. Take a stroll down the greening path and I'll show you what I came up with!



Here's a peek at a few of the newest goodies I found in my mailbox from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!  
I'm using several of these in this make, so let's get that Helpful List of Links out of the way, first.


                                              Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents



I used the new Eileen Hull Field Notes and Specimen Card Die to cut 5 each of the pages, frames, and nameplates from white Matboard. I cut the edges as pictured above in order to form the spine of the book and pages that fit together inside.


I wanted to be able to have a bulletin board type of page, so I found some stiff Peloton (like a very stiff felt) that easily cut with the same die.


I covered most of the book's matboard with TH Collage Paper (in older Entomology) using Modge Podge.


I was still in our Florida home during the making of this book and found a stash of thin cardstock papers in my drawer that matched the very color scheme I was using.


I did use a glue gun for the Peloton- just around the edges, so I could stick pins wherever I wanted. 


I used a black upholstery thread to help line the book's pages along the spine, as well as Glossy Accents to help it stay securely.


And distressing was added with TH Vintage Photo Oxide Ink on most pieces to give it a bit of age.


I always bring Idea-ology and often carry way too much with me. I thought the little green gem-rocks leftover from Christmas decor gave a nice charm to the front.


Long Fasteners aren't just for looks... they secure everything they're used with.


The Saltwater Taffy Oxide made a nice color to match the one ribbon that came from TFJB as a Freebie since I used both for this book- one as a closure.


PRIMA MARKETING FLOWERS add a beautifully bright splash of color to anything!


I found some older TH Transparent Wings to add to some Paper Dolls Solos and dug out a Salvaged Patina Distress Crayon...


... to go along with my new TH Distress Watercolor Pencil (Set #4) for some matching color on the Paper Dolls.



And this is what my Spring Specimen Book looks like...


FRONT




Pages 1 & 2


The Transparent Things 2 worked great for the Pocket Cards.


I did both sides of the card.


The Distress Crayons and the Distress Watercolor Pencils are both fun to use and give great coloring to the Idea-ology Paper Dolls!


Pages 3 & 4



Adding the pins to this page was much easier because of the Peloton.


Pages 5 & 6


I used the inside throw-away pieces from the frames to layer some cuts of the Transparent Things 2 and line them up for a page on flowers/leaves.


Yeah, I made a mistake: the specimen card is backwards. But I went along with it just because I have rarely ever done a "bug thing" and it's still cute- to me!


You can see the correct side here.


I added details and age to the ephemera pieces, and I enjoyed fitting them all together.

Thanks so very much for joining me on this spring walk through my Specimen Book! This was a really FUN project- especially due to all the new products! Don't forget to get yours by taking a shopping trip over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

And be sure to pop back in every couple of days, since there is plenty more to see in the next two weeks as the rest of the amazingly talented Design Team posts their own take on "The Flowers Are Coming!".

Until next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment