Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welome to Saturday's Step by Step

Good morning everyone... Tammy here today with your Saturday step-by-step tutorial. I am showing you how to create this shabby little tag...
So, let's get started... start by die cutting two large tags from the Sizzix Alterations Tim Holtz Tags & Bookplates Die. One from regular cardstock and one from Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-Back Canvas. We are now going to give the canvas tag an "aged" look. Using a Misting Bottle, fill it half full with water and then add four to five drops of Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Reinker (any color you like... I used Spun Sugar but, linked at the bottom of the page for products used Tattered Rose because it is a beautiful color too). Lightly spray the canvas until you are happy with the color wash.
I wanted to add some brown color to it also to give it that "aged" look. You can very well do this by using the same method as above by using a brown ink but, I chose to use some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist... Crushed Sea Shells. Again, lightly spray until you are happy with the results, I then machine stitched around the canvas tag.
Here is a sample of how mine looks at the top of the tag...
Now, die cut a heart from the Corrugated Cardboard using the Sizzix Alterations Tim Holts Heart & Wings Die. Using the Acrylic Paint Dabber, go around the edges and the top of the heart, I then machine stitched around the heart.
We are now ready to start assembling the tag... die cut wings and crown from patterned paper using the Heart and Wings Die, a large flower from felt and a smaller flower from fabric using the Tattered Florals Die. I hand stitched a stem in the bottom right corner, then adhere the canvas tag to the cardstock tag. Stamp the sentiment in the lower left corner of the angel tag die cut, adhere the angel tag in the lower left corner of the canvas tag (I machine stitched along the bottom of angel tag). Adhere the large felt flower adding the small fabric flower on top then adhere button.
Now, add the Wire Clip to a piece of lace and run thru heart. Adhere the wings behind heart, adhere the heart down as shown in photo. Adhere the "treasure" sticker, chipboard butterfly and wings adding rhinestones to the crown tips. Add large button to the top of the angel tag.
Adhere the lace to the bottom of the tag and cut a small strip from the Rusty Tin Wire Net and adhere along the bottom... and there you go! One shabby little tag!

I hope you enjoyed the step-by-step today and are inspired to create one for yourself.

Tammy



12 comments:

  1. Wow, Tammy, what a drop-dead GORGEOUS tag! I love everything about it. Now I want to break out the sticky back canvas and my Pion Designs paper and go to town. Thanks for rocking our StepXStep this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is lovely, can you use the tim holtz tags and book plates in a cuttlebug?seeing how great they look I have a hankering...EE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can Edna! If you still have your instruction booklet, it shows you how to stack everything. If you don't, let me know and I will tell you how.

      Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. ...I loVe shabby and this is shabby-licious...thankyou so much Tammy for your step by step tutorial, we never stop learning and each day brings something new...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shabby chic tag, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH EM GEE, Tammy!! This is one gorgeous tag! Pink is my favorite color, so this is singing to me, it's so yummy! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! I love the subtle pink color you'd used, music to my heart. Perfect shabby chic tag for any girl! LOVE love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tammy
    I also love this beautiful mixed media come shabby-chic creation, it has everything I enjoy about card/Tag making. It is soft and warm, feminine and romantic all in one.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Very frilly with a touch of funkie...just beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is so feminine. I just love the colour choices and the step by step is great. I appreciate all the effort that went into this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammy, your tag is beautiful and your tute is awesome. Love how you spelled it all out! Sorry to be so late to visit... this week has gotten away from me. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete