After the last layer was applied, it was a little harsh for what I wanted here so I pulled out my Pearl alcohol ink mixative and went over the entire piece dabbing the Pearl over it. Sorry forgot to snap a pic of that step. I loved the way it looked but for this piece it wasn't transparent enough. I had stamped a line of text on the butterflies and wanted that to show through so I applied some alcohol ink blending solution to my applicator and dabbed that over the layers. It removed just enough (but still left the coloring on) to let the text show through.
Pulling out a few different Tim Holtz stamp sets, I did some random stamping on the inside, added a sentiment which I heat embossed on and then sponged on Tumbled Glass distress ink, followed by inking the edges with Walnut Stain DI.
I added a bit of staining using Walnut Stain DI on my craft sheet, spritzed with a bit of water. I made a little puddle and then carefully lay my piece in a few droplets here and there and then dry with the heat tool.
Rayon seam binding was colored with Tumbled Glass and a bit of Walnut Stain, scrunched up and dried to shabby it up and then tied in a triple bow. I finished it off the inside with a rhinestone safety pin.
The acrylic strip was added to the front with wonder tape. Once I had it affixed, I used my heat tool on the butterflies to warp them a bit which gave them a bit of dimension and texture. I added a strip of hand dyed Venise lace to cover the wonder tape and the piece was good to go.
Thanks so much for starting your weekend off with Frilly and Funkie. Wishing everyone a great weekend and to my American friends, happy Memorial Day!