Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Focus on Dina Wakley!

Well not quite Dina herself, but her fabulous new stamps and stencils! It's Sue here and I'm very excited to share a journal double page spread using the new Dina Wakley products which have the Friday Focus special 15% discount applied for the next fortnight over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


I started by glueing 3-4 pages together on either side of the spread and once dry I painted them with white acrylic paint. I wanted to get some colour going so reached for my Dylusions. The interesting thing about them was once they hit the paint the colour seemed to sink into the page! But I absolutely loved it! 


I then used the Dina Wakley Mosaic stencil and, as Dylusions react with water, I used a baby wipe to wipe over the stencil. This had the effect of bleaching out the colour.


Next up was the Spinners stencil and I used acrylic paint to stencil in random areas over the page. Starting with a light colour, drying the paint then replacing the stencil and moving to a darker shade, I did this 3 times.


I then used the Plastic Canvas Stars stencil with more acrylic paint. This stencil is great for creating a subtle shape on backgrounds.


I used part of the Mosaic stencil to create a border across the bottom of both pages using Wendy Vecchi's Crackle Paste. The Dylusions colour lifted off the pages and coloured the paste, fabulous! I then used the butterfly from the Scribbly Insects set using Tree Branch Archival ink. This was great as the colour blended in with the background and made the butterfly almost like a watermark.


The four images are from the From the Past stamp set and I've stamped them onto card painted with a neutral acrylic paint so that the faces weren't a stark white against the background. I've cut them out but before sticking them in place I've used a black Portfolio pastel to create a shadow for each one.


I stamped three of the sentiments from the Handwritten Quotes set and highlighted them with a white Sharpie pen. I've also drawn around some of the stencilled shapes so they stand out a little more. The numbers were stamped with black Archival ink and I've drawn around them too so they are more distinct.


Finally here's a close up shot of the fabulous Crackle Paste. I've lightly brushed over the top with some Potting Soil Archival ink.

I hope you've enjoyed today's focus on Dina Wakley as much as I have! And remember, there's that Friday Focus special 15% discount applied to Dina Wakley's range for the next fortnight over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Sue
x


5 comments:

  1. Love it Sue! The spinners really move the eye up and down the pages and the crackle through the stencil looks superb. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, Sue!! Love to Dina Wakely techniques, your way!! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've worked magic with the Dina Wakley stamps and Dylusions, Sue!! What wonderful pages you have created!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete