Thursday, October 9, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Toni!

Today we are welcoming Toni of Artistic Craft Dabbler as our Guest Designer. Toni was the DT winner of the From the Heart challenge and therefore was asked if she'd like to join us for a day.

So, without further ado let's move on to hear from Toni and see her gorgeous project!


Hi everyone! I’m Toni and I’m excited and honoured to have been invited to be a Guest Designer for the new 'Autumn Colours' challenge here on the Frilly and Funkie challenge blog.

By day, I’m a part-time peripatetic teacher. Although art was my main subject at teacher training college, my teaching career has been largely in the field of Special Education. I now work with visually impaired children and also teach pottery in a primary school. I have a hard working husband and two grown up sons. Luckily for me, my husband loves nothing more than tinkering about with his various old cars and motorbikes. This means that he doesn’t always notice just how much time I spend in my attic craft room!!

I would describe my style as vintage, grunge with a touch of quirkiness thrown in for good measure! I love altering objects and using recycled materials. My ultimate and never ending delight though, has to be exploring the numerous ways, that a single piece of paper, can be transformed into a thing of beauty, with the ‘simple’ addition of a bit of colour.

With such a great challenge theme, I'm sure there are going to be some truly inspirational projects appearing on the blog. For my 'Autumn Colours' project, I've made another home decor piece similar the heart I made for the ‘From the Heart’ challenge but this time using a chip board circle.


The flowers and leaves are made from die cuts which, I coloured with Dylusions Sprays.  I chose all the colours which suggested autumn to me and just sprayed away until I achieved the effects I wanted. This was lots of inky fun!


The spiky flowers were made from a strip of light weight card which was snipped into a fringe and then coiled up tightly. After adhering the edge I opened out the ‘petals’ and the sprayed on some colour. The purple flower reminds me of a Michaelmas Daisy which flower at this time of year.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing my 'Autumn Colours' project. I've certainly had a great time creating this piece. A very big thank you goes out to all the very talented Frilly and Funkie design team members  for choosing my project for the ‘From the Heart’ challenge and letting me present the new ‘Autumn Colours’ challenge. I’ll certainly be popping back to see what projects you all come up with. Who knows, it could be your turn to present the next challenge! x

I'm sure you'll all agree that Toni's project is absolutely stunning! What fabulous inspiration for the current challenge 'Autumn Colours' If you would like to join us as Guest Designer all you need to do is join in!

11 comments:

  1. What an amazing autumnal wreath Toni! I LOVE those flowers and leaves - absolutely lifelike and so wonderfully mottled. Thank you so much for being part of this fortnight's challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wreath is so fantastic! The colors are so perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An autumn beauty!! Oh my goodness, Toni, your wreath is GORGEOUS!! The colored flowers and leaves are breathtaking! Thank you so much for being a guest designer and inspiring us with your art!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, this is MAGNIFICENTLY Created and will an outstandingly wonderful fall decoration in your home... thanks so very much for all the lovely flowers... GREAT ART... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is drop-dead magnificently gorgeous! LOVE the flowers you created - the colors you achieved are so perfect. Your leaves are beautiful too. I really liked the way you used that Wendy Vecchi stencil and paste. That adds such a lovely focal point to the piece. We are so delighted to have you as our guest designer for this challenge. Thanks for giving our visitors such a fantastic inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous wreath Toni, love the beautiful colours and the wonderful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Beautifully created and arranged blooms and absolutely stunning colours.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning flowers! The whole wreathe is beautiful. You have a way with bows, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never cease to amaze me my very talented and awe - inspiring friend.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toni,
    Such gorgeous flowers! I really love that purple one! And your foliage is spot on perfect...Mother Nature better watch out! I'm over to your blog to see if there are any secrets to be learned!

    ReplyDelete