Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Focus - KAISERCRAFT

Click on the photo to enlarge it.

Hi there, it is Cec here and I am presenting the Friday Focus today on the line of KAISERCRAFT products that Linda carries in the shop.  There are a variety of wooden laser cuts and some very pretty pearls so I used both of those in my first-ever scrapbook layout.

I am calling this Made With Love for a variety of reasons.  First and foremost, the little girl in the photo is my daughter when she was about 7 or 8 years old and of course she was made with love.  Secondly the smocked dress that she is wearing was made with love by my late Mother and I still have it.  Sadly, my Granddaughter doesn't think it is cool and will not wear it.  She also thinks her Mommy looks like a boy in this photo - LOL.

I started by taking a piece of lightweight chipboard and cutting it down a bit before I coated it in Gesso.


Next I painted it with Fresco Finish Blush using a baby wipe and not worrying too much if some of the Gesso showed through.


I changed my mind after it was painted and decided to add some corrugated cardboard inserts.
One had a length of zipper added to it and then I repainted these inserts.


Next I added some stenciling with a Prima Crackle stencil and some Tree Branch Archival Ink and the Wendy Vecchi Checkmate stencil and some Coffee Archival Ink.


I used a Dylusions stencil called Dotted Flowers to add some texture paste in a couple of corners.  Finally I spritzed some Tim Holtz Milled Lavender Distress Spray on - sorry no photo.  The edges were distressed and the sheet was mounted on a piece of Bazzill card stock for extra stability.


I took one of the KAISERCRAFT flourishes and cut it with an X-Acto knife to create two pieces.


Next I coated the flourish pieces and my text with Gesso and then painted all the pieces with some Deco Art French Mauve acrylic paint.


I made a trio of flowers with some punches and Maja Designs paper from the Coffee in the Arbour and Vintage Spring Basics pads.  They were inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, shaped and glued together.  The centres are Card Candy that I have had in my stash for years.

I mounted the photo on a piece of Maja paper and also used the Maja papers to make some narrow tags that I added to the back.  A little crochet cotton was added to a couple of the tags.

The next step was to glue everything down.  I added a Prima zipper pull to the zipper, some venise lace, additional flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, some floral buttons, a little stamped heart leftover from a recent project and finally some of the KAISERCRAFT pearls in a colour called Blush.

Making this layout was fun and I plan to go digging through the old photos and see what else I can come up with.  I am hoping I can find a couple of my daughter when she was competing as a synchronized swimmer because my Granddaughter is now doing the same and it sure would be fun to make matching layouts of my two fish.

For the next two weeks, Linda will have some specials in the Friday Focus section of the shop so check them out and start shopping.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout Cec!!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Cec and I love how you cut the flourish to get two smaller pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout with a gorgeous photo of your daughter! And a lovely dress! I can't believe this is your first scrapbook layout! It looks like you've been doing it for years! All of your well thought out and placed embellishments really put the focus on the photo. Great job! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe that this lovely piece is your very first scrapbooking layout! It's fantastic! I love the whimsy that the zipper adds, and the hand made flowers are stunning. You did an amazing job and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heheheh - this is soooo sweet. Brings back memories too. Would you believe I have a picture very much like this one - same scenario - grandmother made - granddaughter won't wear!!! You made me totally chuckle Cec. And then I totally laughed out loud at your two fish comment!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are just too cute girl!!! Your layout is unique and fun. Love the cardboard and zipper addition the most! And such a sweet color scheme. Really enjoyed this one!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! I love all the pretty textures, flowers and elements. The picture is so sweet! Fantastic details and wonderful tutorial.
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your layout, Cec! I've never done a full page layout either, but you've inspired me to give it a chance. What a great Friday Focus!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the pretty soft colors and the sweet photo! What a lovely keepsake with your daughter and her handmade dress!

    ReplyDelete