Saturday, May 20, 2017

Bon Appetit French Country HeARTfelt Journal for Saturday Step x Step

Hello, Friends!  It's Kathy Clement here with another Saturday Step x Step tutorial.  In case you haven't heard the news, Graphic 45 is releasing French Country as a Deluxe Collector's Edition. Ooh la la!  To celebrate, I've created a really fun Bon Appetit recipe album using Eileen Hull's HeARTfelt Journal die.  Go grab a snack and a cuppa and we'll get started.


My thought process behind this album was to create a sort of heritage recipe album.  But as I was working on it and thinking about ways it could be used, this thought came to me.  So many people take photos of their food plates when dining either at home or out in a restaurant.  Wouldn't this be a fun way to catalog your favorite fine dining locations? 



And, it would make a great gift for the new bride.  



I made similar albums for each of my children when they moved into their first homes so that they would have all their favorite recipes from home. Any way that you decide to use it, prepare to have fun!



Bon Appetit HeARTfelt Journal Snapguide Tutorial

I've prepared a Snapguide Tutorial to guide you through the process of assembling the album, preparing the signatures and decorating the album cover.  I hope you enjoy!

Check out How to Eileen Hull HeARTfelt Journal G45 French Country by Kathy Clement on Snapguide.


YouTube Video Tour

I find it very hard to capture a project like this in still photos.  To remedy that, I've prepared a 15 minute YouTube Video tour of the album.  You'll find lots of ideas for way to add interactive elements like pockets, tags, flip pages, and fold outs to your album.  I also go over the basics of putting the album together.  I hope you enjoy!





I hope I've shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures.  Enjoy your weekend, break out your paper pretties and get your craft on!

Cheerio,
kathy

Product Links to the Funkie Junkie Boutique


9 comments:

  1. Super stunning xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous! What a wonderful way to capture kitchen recipes, memories and Grandma's recipes with pictures of Grandma even! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal is fabulous! Please tell me where you got the instructions for the journal. All I can find is the basic assembly instructions from Sizzix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, the instructions you refer to were written by Eileen Hull, the Sizzix designer responsible for the amazing Journal die. You can contact her about them at www.eileenhull.com or on her Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/eileenhulldesigns/

      Delete
    2. Sue, if you send me your email address I can forward a copy of the instructions (buttonscraft@btinternet.com)

      Delete
  4. Oh, how I love your beautiful journal Kathy, it really is stunning! I loved your Snapguide and seeing how you put this together. Great video too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely LOVE what you've done here with the gorgeous Graphic 45 papers and Eileen's Journal die Kathy!!! Really enjoyed the video and it was so helpful to go through your Snapguide to see how the cover came together. Thank you so much for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, you amaze me with your gorgeous projects! This is a real beauty brought to life with your video and snapguide. I enjoyed reading your tips on the guide, and your video is was a joy to watch! Thank you for all your hard work on this; the end product is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much! I've been away on vacation and just got home to find all these lovely comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed the ideas I shared for making this lovely journal. Eileen's Journal die is just so inspiring to work with. Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete