I had recently acquired some of the new stencils and stamps from The Funkie Junkie Boutique and couldn't wait to create an underwater scene using the new watery background stencil.
I started with mixed media paper to give my tag a nice sturdy base.
2. Because of the size of tag I like to create I had about a 1/2" of paper not inked up from the stencil. I decided to sponge it blue to start with. I masked off the stenciled part and sponged with the dye ink.
3. My next step was to create a shimmery effect to make the tag look more like a magical underwater adventure. I placed the stencil back over the inked surface and sponged versamark watermark ink over my sprayed surface. I then removed the stencil and sprinkled the entire surface with a glittery embossing powder. You can do something similar with clear embossing powder and heating it up and while it is still moist sprinkle a clear fine glitter over the surface.
3. Stamp the octopus using black archival ink on mixed media paper.
6. The blue trim along the top needed a punch of black. I stamped the manufacturing label on mixed media paper using black ink. I repeated this twice. I cut to fit the top and bottom of the tag. I colored with a waterbrush and colored pencils.
7. Create two black stripes by masking the stamped image and smearing black archival ink along the bottom.
8. Cut strips of cardstock and sponge black to match.
11. Die Cut leafy background piece. Spray with coordinating distress stain sprays. Sponge edges with black die ink. Stamp Manufacturing label over leafy die cut using black archival ink.
I hope you enjoyed our scenic route via the underwater adventure. The products used are listed below. They are available at 20% off list at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.