Thursday, August 17, 2017

Guest Designer - Ioulia

Please give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for the On the Cutting Edge challenge. Ioulia from julD Handmade was the Design Team's top pick from the Good Old Summertime challenge.


Hello, I am Ioulia (julD handmade) from Greece and I am so happy to be once again a Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie. It is such an honor to be here today. Thank you so much.

I loved painting and crafting from my early years, but instead of becoming an artist I became an engineer who loves to create things in her free time. So,crafting is my hobby. My favourites is clay and texture in paintings. I am impressed by new techniques and altered materials.


For the challenge “On the cutting edge”, I created a vintage mixed media card with a summer dreamcatcher.



I used a label and two feathers dies to cut scrapbooking papers. I also used heavy body gel, clear gesso with stencil, gold pasta and watercolors.

I hope you like it. For more details, I would be glad if you visit my blog.

* * *
Once you have been to Ioulia's blog to check out all the details on her dreamcatcher project we encourage you to come on back and share one of your creations in our On the Cutting Edge challenge, which can be found here and runs until 11:55 pm EST on August 29th.

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful piece Ioulia! I love how the feathers look like they are being blown gently off the page. Thank you for sharing with us here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Loulia! I adore your colors, the feathers and gorgeous texture. Thanks so much for being our guest. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these soft colors and those dreamy feathers! Thank you for being our Guest Designer, Ioulia! Beautiful make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfectly dreamy dream catcher! I appreciate the soft colors, the wonderful textures and the gorgeous composition. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete