Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Focus - 15% off Filigree Metals and Charms

Happy Friday folks!  Autumn here with the latest edition of Friday Focus. For the next two weeks we're focusing on our exquisite collection of Filigree Metals and Charms. The entire range will be on sale for an additional 15% off. You can find them HERE in the Funkie Junkie Boutique.


I thought it would be fun to show you ways to alter your filigree embellishments.  I worked out this Christmas card design and decided to cut some of the Snowflake Filigree Metals in half to balance my design and stretch my stash.  You can use your Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Snips or a pair of jewelry wire cutters to do this.


My first thought was to allow the metal to show through for a very rustic look.  I accomplished this by giving the piece a light coat of Picket Fence Distress Paint, then gluing on Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.  I absolutely loved this result and am sharing to give you alternate ideas.  In the end I embossed over my glittered pieces because I didn't have enough contrast with my blue Postage Stamp Frame panel.


To emboss your metals, simply rub the surface with a Versamark pad and then apply embossing powder.  The result is a beautiful faux enamel finish.


You can see how the glitter showed through in the larger embossed snowflakes.  I was really pleased with this added texture.  These pieces are quite dimensional too, much more so than a paper die cut.


I repeated the glitter effect on my Vintage Tidings Peace die.  I had to mount it onto stained chipboard to give it the heft of the embossed snowflakes.


The embossed charm is such a fun touch.  I attached it to silver cord and adhered to my loopy bow.  I'm imagining embossing other filigree metals and charms in a variety of colors, such as the new range by Wendy Vecchi.  


I thought I would throw in a couple of extra projects in which I've used the beautiful filigree charms.  These have not been altered.  They are truly so beautiful on their own!  This handmade journal features the beautiful 4 Piece Antiqued Bronze Filigree Pieces.


I tucked it in my layers of embellishments at the top and bottom.  See the color variation that comes naturally with the metal?


My Wild and Free Mini Album Tutorial features our 6 Piece Bronze Leaf Embellishments, which worked beautifully with the Prima paper collection.  It reminded me of the feathers printed on several of the designs.


I hope you've enjoyed this spotlight into our beautiful Filigree Metals and Charms collection and will take a moment to visit the Funkie Junkie Boutique and examine the range in full.  Thanks for visiting this Friday, Autumn


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous Autumn... Great embellishments and wonderful overall design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post focusing on those beautiful and detailed charms Linda offers in The Funkie Junkie Boutique! Your GORGEOUS Christmas card really shows them off in all their enameled and glittered glory! And it's always wonderful to revisit your other stunning artwork! (I visit the ones you've made for me every day!:):))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Autumn -- so gorgeous. Love those charms and what a wonderful idea to cut them into pieces. --Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Christmas card details Autumn and the stunning layouts on your other creations xxx

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your faux enamelling on the snowflakes looks amazing and I love the way the glitter still shows through. The charms on your other creations are beautiful too and it is always good to have a second look at your wonderful creations Autumn! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ideas for using the filigree metals and charms Autumn! A constant supply of these is vital and you've shown exactly why xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you have showcased the metals, especially the enameled snowflakes! Great post - makes me want to play :)

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these projects! Such pretty details, and I love the idea of cutting embellies in half. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful make indeed Autumn. It's amazing how a simple colour change can create such a different look for those metal embellishments making them so much more usable. Fabulous ideas and truly amazing creations.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete