Thursday, October 12, 2017

Guest Designer Jane Royston

It is time welcome a new Guest Designer to Frilly and Funkie.  Say hello to Jane Royston of Isle of Crafty Creations who was the Design Team's favourite from the A Little Rusty challenge.


Hi, my name is Jane Royston and I live on the Isle of Wight in the UK with my husband and 3 children. I originally trained and worked as a primary teacher but after having my last child left to be a full time mum and also used the opportunity to develop my crafting. From starting with card making my main love is now mixed media and I have been lucky enough to join some fab design teams in the past couple of years so I now have a proper excuse to create away! I love all things painty, inky and textured, but almost always use stamping as well as it is still my favourite technique of all.


For my guest designer project I decided to use both the spooky theme and the colours of Halloween! 


My altered art board is a witches lair and the background was created using a mixture of substrates, metal charms and crackle paste.


Finished off with some stamping to create my witches potions!  I wanted the wording to not be too Halloween specific so added some stickers that I felt go with the theme.

* * *
For more details on how Jane created her witches lair pop on over to her blog, Isle of Crafty Creations. The current challenge, 'Tis Near Halloween, runs until October 24th at 11:55 pm EST so you have lots of time to make a spooky Halloween project and share it with us. To find the challenge, simple click HERE.

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Jane! I feel transported to a bewitching laboratory! Thank you so much for sharing with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so much wonderful texture in that fabulous mixed media background! And your stamped poison bottles pop against it, too. What a gorgeous mixed media collage. Thanks so much for being our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, your mixed media laboratory is a fantastic feast for the eyes! You really got into the spirit of the challenge and made this spooky home decor piece! Thank you for being our Guest Designer! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete