Friday, January 26, 2024

Janna's Scribbly Butterflies & Floral Wreath Out of the Vault Inspiration

Welcome! This week at TFJB Inspiration Ave we are creating to the theme of “From the Vault” featuring the new from the vault die sets from Tim Holtz and Sizzix. The two die sets I am working with today include Scribbly Butterflies and Floral Wreath. These dies are just so much fun I just had to make two cards.

For full video tutorial click here.


For today’s project I used: Yupo paper, mat black AI cardstock, decorative Idea-ology Washi tape, Metalic Sticker Book, Holiday Droplets, Sizzix TH Scribbly Butterflies and fForal Wreath, alcohol inks Mushroom and Glacier, AI Blending Solution, AI Pearls Elixir, Opulent, and Tanquil, Enchantment,  AI Blower, Collage Medium, Tonic Snips,


To start today’s card I set down a piece of 4.5x5.5 piece of Yupo paper. First I sprinkled some blending solution on the paper and then added some Mushroom and Glacier alcohol ink.


Then I added a few drops of Elixir, Tranquil, and Opulenct AI Pearls. To get the colors to flow I then used the AI Ranger Blower Tool to spread the inks out.


After the inks were spread out on the piece of Yopo paper I took a second sheet and smooshed it over the top to get a mono print.


Below are the results of the mono print. Two inky backgrounds to make a set of cards.


With the first background I decided to feature the Scribbly Butterflies in the background. I die cut five of the smaller butterflies out of TH black mat cardstock and then glued them to the Yopo base with some Collage Medium.


While the butterflies where drying I then pulled in stamp set CMS463 Note Quotes in to make a sentiment and focal point.


I started with the round ink splotch stamped with Distress Archival Ink Dusty Concord.


Next I stamped with some Distress Archival Black Soot with the outline ring stamp.


To add the sentiment I embossed the words Shine Brightly with some Ranger fine detail gold embossing powder.


Here is the dried butterfly background.


Next I added some decorative Idea-ology washi tape to the outer edge of the card.


To finish card number one I added the embossed sentiment and four metallic droplets to the corners.


For the second card I wanted to feature the floral wreath die set. Here I have die cut several wreath pieces out of Sizzix textured cardstock. I then added some collage. 


Then I stuck down the wreath pieces on to the second AI background.


I also added another washi tape boarder to this card.


Here I die cut the larger Scribbly butterfly out of distress black cardstock and added a base layer of AI Yupo for the backshadow cut out. I love how the AI colors pop with the black outlines.

Now onto building the wreath. Here I die cut lots of floral elements out of some AI panels. I used double sided tape with the flowers. This made it super easy to peel and stick the flowers and bow to the wreath.


Next I added some foam squares to the back of the butterfly to give it some lift on the card.


Below is card number 2 all completed. Here I pulled in a sentiment from the TH Idea-ology sticker book.

This is the first card that we constructed. I absolutely love how we were able to get two backgrounds while using one technique, mono printing. Below are a few close up detail photos of each card.







 Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: dunhamtreasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna

Projects Used:
Ranger Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks:

Ranger Archival Ink Black Soot 
Kit 2 Dusty Concord 
Ranger Embossing Powder Fine Detail Gold
Distress Embossing Dabber
Matt Black Distress Cardstock 
Yupo Paper 
Sizzix Tim Holtz from the Vault Floral Wreath 
Sizzix Tim Holtz From The Vault Scribbly Butterflies
CollageMedium 

No comments:

Post a Comment