Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Lisa's Favorite Products From 2023

Hello there Funkie Junkie fans, Lisa Hoel here. Happy New Year's! For this focus, we were given the difficult task of choosing our favorite products that were introduced in 2023. So hard!! I've incorporated a few of them into my project; I really couldn't choose just one.

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Boutique  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed  #mymakingstory #tim_holtz #thefunkiejunkieboutique #sizzix

The Idea-ology Reliquary Dome introduced this year is definitely a favorite! I love the size and shape of the glass dome. There is so much you can do with it. Another new favorite is the Tim Holtz Die Set Holiday Blocks. I'm looking forward to playing more with it. It's like a set of puzzle pieces you can combine in so many different ways! 

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Boutique  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed  #mymakingstory #tim_holtz #thefunkiejunkieboutique #sizzix

I am also quite fond of the Idea-ology Salvaged Deer and Alpine Trees (love that thinner profile!)

Let's take a peek at how I put this all together:

Step 1 – I wanted to build the die cut panel out of distressed metal pieces. You can get a great look by using copper or aluminum tape placed on cardstock and then cut. I also like to add a layer of paint which I then distress.



Step 2 – After cutting out the shapes, I sanded the edges and grunged it up with Archival Ink.




Step 3 – Foundry Wax is another product I need to play more with. It's so cool! I gilded the Salvaged Deer to make them look metallic to match the die cut panel. It's easy to use. You apply it with a brush and when it dries (which is quick!) you hit it with a heat gun and watch the magic happen. Tim Holtz has an extensive video demo about it.


Here's a look at the scene before I add the glass dome:



Thanks for stopping by. Keep an eye here on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog
 TFJB Inspiration Ave because you are now getting regular doses of expanded (and inspiring) content each week. Don't miss it…

Supplies used:  

Tim Holtz Die Set - Holiday Blocks

Distress Crayons - Salvaged Patina
Distress Paint - variety
Distress Archival Ink - Ground Espresso
Ranger Alcohol Ink

Idea-ology Christmas '23 - Salvaged Reindeer
Idea-ology Christmas '23 - Alpine Trees
Idea-ology Christmas Baubles
Idea-ology Reliquary Dome
Idea-ology Mini Fasteners
Copper Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment