Friday, January 12, 2024

Janna's Winter Day Reading Nook

Hello and welcome to TFJB Inspiration Ave Blog and Happy New Year! This week we are creating to the theme of  “It’s Cold Outside”. We were also asked what do we do on a cold day in winter. That is an easy one for me to answer. The obvious answer is craft, however with the cold comes colds. So more often then not, I find myself reading a good book and drinking a cup of hot chocolate.

For my project today I have created a mixed media card featuring a Victorian girl who is reading by the window on a cold winter day. For full video tutorial click here.

For supplies I used: Idea-ology Christmas Baseboard Windows, Christmas Ephemera, Alcohol Ink Brushed Silver cardstock, Deco Paper, kraft paper, Distress Oxide ink Mermaid Lagoon, Speckled Egg, and Blueprint Sketch, Distress Mica Crayon Juniper Berry, Halloween Layers, Distress Reinkers Mustard Seed, Rustic Wilderness, Barn Door, Dusty Concord, and Vintage Photo, Distress Texture Paste Snowfall, Sizzix die set Layered Stripes, Distress White Heavy Stock.


For the first step of the project I cut down some brushed silver Alcohol Ink cardstock to a 5.5x4.25 base. Here I am using the Mini Tonic trimmer.


Then using the Sizzix die set Layered Stripes I cut out two layers of stripes to go over the base layer of brushed silver AI cardstock. For the blue layer I used Deco Paper over some kraftstock. The second layer I cut was from Distress White Heavy Stock. First I placed down the white layer and then added the sparkling blue layer over the top.


Below is the completed background. On the white layer I used double sided tape. For the blue layer I used Collage Medium to stick it to the previous layer.


Next I painted a Mixed Media Tag Black using some Distress Paint Black Soot. This will act as a background for the scene we will build outside of a window.


While waiting for the main to dry I took a Baseboard Window Frame and added some clear plastic to the back of it to make a window pane. This glued in with some Collage Medium.


Here I have altered a photo element from the 2023 Halloween Idea-ology set layers. I found this pretty Victorian girl and colored her dress blue with some Juniper Berry Distress Mica Crayon. Then I cut around the girl to make her a stand alone element. For cutting I used Tonic snips.


Now for the outdoor background. Here I have pulled in the stamp set CMS455 Bottle Brush Trees and the Distress Oxide Inks Blueprint Sketch, Speckled Egg, and Mermaid Lagoon. I used different sized tree stamps to stamp out this icy blue forest. After stamping I trimmed down the tag to fit the baseboard windows and glued it in place with some collage medium.


While waiting for elements to dry I then stamped out some books. I found these books in the stamp set THMB024 school house. I then added some color to the books by using Distress Reinkers Mustard Seed, Rustic Wilderness, Barn Door, Dusty Concord, and Vintage Photo. Then I cut out the book stacks with the Tonic snips.


Now it is time to build our scene. First I glued the baseboard windows to the card base. Then I added in the file in blue with her book stack. Then I decided to decorate around the windows with some holly pieces salved from some Christmas Idea-ology elements. These I glued in place with collage medium.


Once I was happy with the placement of the holly I decided it add a frosty touch to the windows. Here I pulled in some Distress Snowfall Texture Paste and applied it with a small pallet knife.


For finishing touches I added a sticker from the 2023 Christmas Idea-ology Sticker Book “baby it’s cold outside”. Below is the completed card created to the theme of “it’s cold outside”. 

 
Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: dunhamtreasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna

Used: 


No comments:

Post a Comment