Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday Focus at the Funkie Junkie Boutique: Graphic 45

Hello, friends! It's Kathy here, and I am so excited to announce that The Funkie Junkie Boutique Friday Focus is on Graphic 45! This is my absolute favorite paper line. The vintage images, rich patterns, vibrant colors, and fabulous "extras" like chipboard, stickers, stamps, metals,  tags and pockets make my crafty little fingers dance for joy!

All Graphic 45 will be on sale for an extra 15% off the  regularly discounted prices (total of 35% off list) through March 30th. You can find all these bargains under our Friday Focus tab at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

It's my honor and privilege to design for Graphic 45 and any day that I get to play with my G45 goodies is a happy day for me. It brings me great joy to showcase projects made with the four latest G45 collections in this post. So grab a cuppa and a snack and I'll share some of my favorite ways to use Graphic 45.

Olde Curiosity Shoppe Get Well Card


Olde Curiosity Shoppe is Graphic 45's latest Deluxe Collector's Edition. Graphic 45 has started releasing popular collections from the past in this DCE format. The patterns and images are all the same, but the collection comes with the matching chipboard and stickers. So now you can collect (and USE) your favorite collections from the past. Olde Curiosity Shoppe is a wonderful mix of vintage and steampunk with a very playful feel. If you love rust, teal, green, yellow, cream and black you will adore Olde Curiosity Shoppe.


Everyone needs a good "Get Well" card from time to time. This vintage lady looks a little "run down" so I think she's the perfect focal for this 5" x 7" side fold card. All the G45 patterns play harmoniously together, which is one of the things I love about this line. I also love that each collection is filled with focal images, border strips, and fun tags or postcards like the one I've used on this card front. I added Tim's Idea-ology monocle to the tag for extra fun.


Here you will find more pretty patterned papers and a pocket full of good wishes. I created a little "card within a card" because let's face it, you can really use a smile when you don't feel quite up to snuff.


This little folio measures about 4" x 6". I fussy cut the apothecary cabinet from the signature page of the collection, then added a sticker border strip and a chipboard element to finish the front of the card.


I used the stickers from the collection to spell out my well wishes, and then tucked in an instant soup mix, an herbal tea bag and a honey stick. These playful papers spark my imagination, and I have such fun creating unexpected elements in my G45 cards!

Portrait of a Lady Tent Fold Card with Pockets


Portrait of a Lady is quite possibly the most beautiful paper collection I've ever worked with. Elegance, style and shabby chic goodness fill every square inch. I created this 5x7" tent fold card using the 12x12 paper collection.


Not only are the images in Portrait of a Lady breathtaking, but the patterned papers are divine. And, if you love to fussy cut as I do, this is a fussy cutter's dream come true.



I had as much fun designing the inside of this card as I did the outside.


Little pockets make me happy, especially when you can add a hidden message inside!


I dug into my vintage button stash and created a button card to add to the larger pocket on the bottom of the card. I also tucked in an ephemera card and a tasty chocolate treat.

Vintage Hollywood Cutaway Card


The Vintage Hollywood collection captures all the glam and class of days gone by, and the color palette is just divine. I used the focal image from the signature page to create this shaped edge cutaway card.


I altered Prima Vintage Trinket flowers with Distress Paints then added it to the front of a tag and pocket from the collection. The vintage button on the gold taffeta ribbon bow is from my Grandmother's button box.


You can write your own personal greeting on the lovely tag that fits inside the pocket.


The inside of the card is filled with lovely images from the signature page layered over patterned papers from the collection.

Midnight Masquerade Tag Folio


The vibrant colors and whimsical images in Midnight Masquerade have taken the scrapbooking community by storm. These papers are ready to party! If you saw the Vintage Hollywood four fold folio that I made for our current "Know When to Fold "em" Challenge, then you can easily make this tag folio, as it is the same basic design.


The folio opens book style and is loaded with gorgeous images and fussy cuts from the collection.


Just like the Vintage Hollywood folio, the size of the album increases as you turn the pages. The final page is a full 5" x 7". It's a very fun design! I've prepared a YouTube video tour of the album for you so you can see how all the components work together.


You'll find a complete supply list for these projects below.

Thank you so much for joining me! I hope you'll fall in love with Graphic 45 papers as I have! I find them to be a never-ending source of inspiration.

Don't forget to take advantage of the additional 15% discount on all Graphic 45 at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. It's the perfect time to stock up!

Cheerio,
kathy

Product Links


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kathy, what a bevvy of beautiful cards! They are all stunning and I love how you add little pockets for a wonderful little surprise - gorgeous! Great video too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! I'm so glad you enjoyed them! I just love to create with Graphic 45!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous cards, I can't decide which I like best, they are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spectacular collection of projects made with stunning papers. Love them all!
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these projects are completely amazing!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo, Kathy! I just got done reading your post and watching your video,and I am flabbergasted at these amazing cards and folio! I'm so thankful for the video on the folio because I got to see all these incredible details, pockets, tags and wow! I have to say my mind is blown over your eye for putting these collections together so seamlessly, and with each turn a new surprise! LOVE your incredible mind! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete