Thursday, March 16, 2017

Guest Designer - Annie Rosenstiel

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for the You've Got to Know When to Fold 'Em challenge.  Annie Rosenstiel from Annie Rose Makes Things was the winner of the Be My Valentine challenge.


Hello, my name is Annie Rosenstiel and I blog over at Annie Rose Makes Things where I share all of the crafty things I make. I like to play with all sorts of mediums: painting, embroidery, mixed-media, etc, but I'm definitely a papercrafter by heart. I enjoy all different styles from clean and simple to busy layers upon layers of frilly goodness, which is what I have to share with you today!


I created a large folded paper rosette wall-hanging, perfect for St. Patrick's Day.  To make the rosette, I cut three strips of patterned paper into 3inch x 12inch strips and scored them at every half-inch mark.  I also punched around the edges with a border punch. I then fan-folded each strip along the score lines and glued the ends together to create a circle, which I then hot glued together to keep its shape.  I used some blank grungeboard letters to spell out LUCKY ME and I heat embossed them with green and gold embossing powders.


I then layered on some vintage newspaper print, lace, lots of green buttons, a lucky BINGO card (also heat embossed in gold), a bunch of pretty paper flowers, and a large sparkly green bow to finish it off. I had such a fun time creating this for the challenge and I can't wait to see what everyone else makes with their folded paper creations!


* * *
What a fun and festive wall hanging Annie has made for St. Patrick's Day! If you want more details on her project, pop over to her blog and then come on back and show us what you have created for our You've Got to Know When to Fold 'Em challenge. It runs until 11:55 pm EST on March 28th and you can find it here.

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Annie! I love how you've used the pleated rosette as a base for your St Patrick's Day decor project with all those yummy layers and lettering. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your talents xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, Annie! Your giant rosette is just beautiful, and I love all the beautiful layers and embellies. Using all those buttons was such a clever way to add color, pattern and dimension to this lovely wall hanging. Clearly, you know when to fold them! Thanks for being our guest designer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Lovely rosette and the beautiful button frame all of it is gorgeous! thanks for being a guest designer with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love St. Patrick's Day art. It's so cool the way you built the whole piece on a rosette. Thanks so much for this lovely inspiration Annie! We are delighted to have you guest designing for us this week! Happy St. Paddy's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete