Thursday, March 2, 2017

Guest Designer - Lisa Hoel

Say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for this challenge, Lisa Hoel of Creative Juice.  Lisa was the Design Team's top choice from the Winter Hues challenge.


Hello, my name is Lisa Hoel and I’m a lifelong craft lover. I’ve been ‘arting’ ever since I first picked up a crayon! Paper crafts have been my main focus for the past fifteen years or so and I love to make detailed, layered, textured, mixed-media type projects. I am not usually a clean and simple type artist. ;-) My background is in graphic design and I'm blessed to be married to the greatest guy in the world and have two dynamic boys.


I have created a home decor piece that shouts "Welcome Spring!" Spring hasn't quite reached us here in Idaho yet, but I am keeping my eyes peeled for signs of it outside. In the meantime I'm decorating inside with flowers, butterflies and bright colors. For this project, I cut my own arch shapes out of foam core board and applied a 'mega crackle' technique to them for texture. The panels inside were made with stencils and Distress Spray Stains as well as stamping.



I got the new Distress Ink Oxide pads for my birthday and I knew they were going to play a big role in this project! They are so beautiful and I'm looking forward to experimenting more with them. The flowers are comprised of layers of embossed and painted metal and Oxide distress. Fabulous! You can find a tutorial over on my blog.


* * *
The bright flowers on this gorgeous project definitely make us think of spring and are so cheerful.  As Lisa mentioned, she has a tutorial on her blog so check it out and then come on back and show us your creation to Welcome Spring.  The challenge can be found here and is open until March 14th at 11:55 pm EST.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Lisa, those flowers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you really have conjured up thoughts of Spring with your stunning piece of home decor! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lisa, you have really brightened this dreary, cool day here with your beautiful home decor piece! I'm headed your way for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Lisa!!! I love that burst of fresh colour from the oxides and those fabulous layered flowers really shout the joys of Spring to me. Thank you for sharing and for being a Guest Designer here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful springtime design Lisa! Congrats and thanks for sharing this amazing project. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bright and sunny arches! Love the happy colors and lovely design! Thanks for being a GD here at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,
    congrats on your GD spot.
    what a very wonderful creation, and the colours are so vibrant and lovely.
    Super shaped project also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats! Love your project.

    ReplyDelete