Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Focus: 15% Off Little Birdie Crafts Flowers

Hello, Friends! It's Kathy here with the latest edition of Friday Focus. This go round we're focusing on lovely floral embellishments from Little Birdie Crafts. For the next two weeks, Little Birdie Crafts Flowers will be on sale for an additional 15% off. You can find them HERE in the Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I love to add floral elements to my cards, tags, layouts...well, anything really! I love the texture, dimension and pattern they add to a project. Today I'll show you how I've used them on a tag, a card, and a rustic fall folio.

Amber Moon Rustic Fall Shadowbox Folio with Little Birdie Vintaj Donatella Flowers



This rustic folio is made with Prima's Amber Moon paper collection. It measures 8.25" x 5.25" with a 1 1/8" spine.


These Vintaj Donatella Flowers in Rustic Tan added just the right woodsy feel to the folio cover. After stenciling the cover with Tim's Birch Layering Stencil and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, I heat embossed with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder.


I love the layers in these flowers. Some layers are burlap, some are organza, some paper. The wooden buttons and beads in the flower centers add so much wonderful texture to the album cover.



I inked the edges of these flowers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I liked the way it made the petal layers stand out, and it added to the rustic feel of the card. I also used my finger to tap on some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. It's great to work with flowers that you can alter to fit a project!


Inside the album, I created a shallow shadowbox element and a tag pocket.



I die cut my teacups from Amber Moon 6x6 papers then inked them around the edges with both Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I decided to cut one of the large flowers in half and layer it inside the top tea cup. The other two flowers from the package of 5 are clustered in the corner with some Amber Moon Leaves. Even though the package is called "Tan," as you can see, there are shades of green, blue and grey in the flowers. This makes them very versatile.


Here's a look at the pocket on the right hand side of the folio.


I filled it with this altered jumbo manila tag. A Rooibos Tea Bag is wrapped up in the little glassine bag. I always save these, along with the seam binding ribbon that Linda sends with each Funkie Junkie Boutique order. The honey stick is for the tea, and I wrapped it in a little tag.


Project #2: Shabby Chic Card with Printed Pink Florence Flowers



These Little Birdie Printed Florence Petals in Pink work so well with this shabby chic card made with Graphic 45's A Ladies' Diary Deluxe Collector's Edition. Once again, I sponged the petal layers with ink to add even more depth. This time I used Tea Dye Distress Ink.




I love the flower centers! Beads, buttons and stamen clusters add wonderful texture to the card composition.


Here's a peek at the inside of the card.  You can see the rest of the flowers from this pack of 7 blossoms on the left hand side of the photo.


Project #3: An Oldie but a Goodie



This is the tag I made back in June for the "In the Good Old Summertime" Challenge. The flowers I used on the tag are Little Birdie Printed Florence Petals in Grey.


You can see in this close up photo that these printed petals have shades of blue, tan, cream and grey all mixed together with more of those delightful flower centers. 

I really enjoyed sharing this Friday Focus on Little Birdie Flowers with you today. I hope you'll hop on over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique where you can see the wide array of colors and styles that are in stock...and on sale! Yippee!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

Product Links to The Funkie Junkie Boutique



6 comments:

  1. Three incredible projects Kathy! It makes such a difference to each one when the flowers are included to add a coordinated flourish and additional dimension. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are always exquisite Kathy (as is your second project), but the folio is so very special - I love that there is a wonderful surprise inside too - how wonderful! The tag is beautiful - the flowers work so well with your nautical theme and the seahorse is an absolute delight! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful Kathy! I especially love the flower in the tea cup, how fun! So glad you showed off that beautiful tag again. It's one of my all time favorites. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, what beautiful creations these are. The flowers are a great dimension of each project. How clever to create the shadowbox inside the folio! It's like opening a gift box...and the added pocket just finishes off the gifting. Thanks for sharing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, what a fabulous post with three very beautiful projects! You have done a wonderful job of showcasing those three sets of Little Birdie flowers! They truly add so much gorgeous dimension and texture to your lovely folio, card and tag! Like Autumn, my eye was immediately drawn to the teacup with the flower in it! But all of your details always leave me with a sense of awe! Thank you for all your hard work and inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete