Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Focus - Wendy Vecchi Stamps & Stencils

Hi! Suzz here. It is Friday Focus today and we are featuring the fantastic Wendy Vecchi's stamps & stencils!

For the next two weeks, Wendy Vecchi stamps and stencils will be discounted an extra 15%* at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. To find the discounted products, simply click HERE. Don't forget to check out all the other great products in the store!

*Editor's Note:  Friday Focus extra 15% discount does not apply to pre-orders.  

I have a few different projects to share as I was playing around with various ideas all week long! First up is a tag that I created with a scrap piece of paper leftover from picking up some extra ink from my craft mat. I loved the mix of colors and used it for my tag and my flowers. This was a result of mixing up some of the new Distress Oxide inks.


I decided to mix it up with adding a touch of stamping in the background using Wendy's background stamp and one of her signature inks to add a faint layer of text.

I then used her stripes stencil and sponged on a hint of pink stripes. I followed that up with a bit of the circle stamp in violet.

I then stamped the flowers multiple times using the potting soil ink over the same inky scraps. I cut the flowers and layered them with purple centers and stems.

Something about those blue flowers just brings a happy smile to my face.


Next up was playing with the squares stencil and the silver embossing paste. I did this on a larger piece of cardstock. After the embossing paste dried I dripped and spritzed black and citron green sprays over the stenciled surface.


After I finished the background I thought it would be fun to cut it up and create three ATCs.  I was inspired to try a few different types including a Halloween inspired one.


On my third ATC, I stamped the sentiment on tissue paper and glued  it over the surface. I then stamped and cut out the little bouquet of flowers for my flowery accent. 

Finally I decided to emulate Wendy's lovely style and finished with a card.


I stamped the background using the leaf green ink. I then layered in the berries and the flower by stamping them and coloring them with watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. I stamped and cut another flower to pop up onto the card.  

I had fun using all my various Wendy stamps, stencils, embossing pastes, and inks!

Suzz



5 comments:

  1. Suzz, you have done a wonderful job showcasing these amazing Wendy Vecchi products on each and every one of your projects! Those flowers are drop dead gorgeous on the tag and card, and your trio of ATC's are mini works of art! I'm so inspired by your creativity! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful variety Suzz! All such great ideas and beautiful stamped examples. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is very pretty, love the colors. The 3 other projects are great also, but I have to say the flower card is my favorite. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful! But my favorite is the striped pink tag. There's just something inviting about the stenciled pink stripes combined with the purple circle and aqua flowers. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely in love with all of these Suzz! So different and so much to love about each and every one xx

    ReplyDelete