Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday Focus - Yvonne Blair Designs for Impression Obsession

It is Cec here and today I am presenting the Friday Focus with images from Yvonne Blair Designs for Impression Obsession.

As you all know I am on the frilly side of the team but every once in a while I tend to go rogue and make something funky or even something more clean and simple.  When I got the Yvonne Blair stamps that I had chosen to focus on, I immediately decided I wanted to go a little more simple so that the cards would be flat enough to mail in an envelope without incurring extra postage charges and there could be no doubt that the stamps were the focal point.  I made three cards to show you and as I got to the third one, my mojo had changed and it is a tad more shabby - I could not help myself.

For the next two weeks, Yvonne Blair Design products will be discounted 15% at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. To find the discounted products, simply click HERE. Once you have shopped in this section, don't forget to check out all the other great products in the store.

Now on to my inspiration for you.


Here is the first card I made.  I started with some rust card stock from Recollections for the blank.


I created a background by adding Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick Oxide to a scrap of card stock.


Next I added some texture to the background with some Crackled Texture Paste and a Flourish stencil.


I used Versamark to stamp flowers from set #J17028 on the rough side of some vellum and then heat embossed it with some Snow Embossing Powder from Recollections.


To colour the flowers I used a variety of Distress Crayons - Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Candied Apple and Peeled Paint.  Once the colouring was done, I fussy cut the image.

To assemble the card I simple layered everything on my blank in the following order:
  • Stenciled Background
  • A panel of paper from Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport
  • An oval cut from Spellbinders Petite Ovals Large out of paper from Graphic 45 A Ladies Diary that was inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink
  • The fussy cut vellum image
  • A butterfly cut from card stock using a Martha Stewart punch
  • Pearls on the oval and the butterfly body

Here is the second card, which was super easy to make.  I used some white card stock from Staples for the blank.


The first thing I did was to use Jet Black Archival Ink and stamp two copies of the stamp #E17025 onto white card stock.  The blooms were fussy cut from one of the stamped images.


Using a water pen and Worn Lipstick and Wilted Violet Oxide, I coloured the blooms on the panel and the fussy cut ones.  Once they were dry I brushed some Purple Luscious from IndigoBlu on top of the cut blooms to add a bit of shimmer.

This card was assembled in the following order:
  • A panel of paper from Graphic 45 Time to Flourish
  • The stamp panel, which was mounted on a panel of purple card stock and then had some venise lace added to one side
  • The fussy cut blooms on top top of the main image
  • A few sequins scattered on top of the image panel

Finally, the third card, which is slightly more shabby but just as easy to make.  Some pale yellow Bazzill card stock was used for the blank.


The image from stamp #J17028 was stamped onto some white card stock using Jet Black Archival ink and coloured with Prismacolor pencil crayons that were blended with Gottrick OMS.

I made some chevrons from Maja Designs Coffee in the Arbor, dyed some seam binding and inked a Wilton doily with some Spun Sugar Distress Ink before I put the card together.

This card was assembled in the following order:
  • A background panel from the Maja Designs pad
  • The chevrons
  • The doily
  • The image panel with dimensional foam
  • A piece of crochet ribbon tied with the dyed seam binding
  • A few sequins scattered on the image panel
So there you have it - three cards with two of the pretty flower stamps from Yvonne Blair.  I hope this shows you how stamps can be used in a variety of simple ways.

4 comments:

  1. I always like it when you go rogue! These are all so fresh and pretty, Cec! Love your use of color and the wonderful texture in each card. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I've missed these pretty stamps in the shop - they are amazing! Such gorgeous coloring and I love the different ideas with substrates. Both cards are spectacular, Cec! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne's stamps are beautiful and you have certainly done them justice with your wonderful cards Cec - I really love the colours in the first one! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cec, you have done an amazing job showcasing Yvonne's stamps! These are gorgeous, and like Autumn, I'm surprised I've missed these in Linda's shop! You've colored them beautifully, and given them pride of place on your wonderful cards--simple and shabby! Great tutorial, and I love each of your samples!

    ReplyDelete