Saturday, September 2, 2017

Saturday Step x Step: Rusty Falling Leaves Mixed Media Jumbo Tag

Hello, Friends!  It's Kathy here with the Saturday Step x Step.  Grab a cuppa and a snack and then enjoy the step by step SnapGuide tutorial for this Rusty Falling Leaves Mixed Media Jumbo Tag that I shared in the current "A Little Rusty Challenge."


I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to mixed media techniques, so I think you'll find the process for creating the rusty background is simple but effective.


I've used images and patterned papers from Graphic 45's A Place in Time Deluxe Collector's Edition, but you could use the original release, or your favorite fall papers to make this jumbo tag.  I used a tag I had in my stash, but I've linked to the jumbo ETCETERA tags that Linda carries in the Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Are you ready to get started?  Then grab a cuppa and a snack, sit back and enjoy the step by step process I used to create this rusty mixed media background.  



Check out How to Rusty Falling Leaves Mixed Media Chipboard Tag by Kathy Clement on Snapguide.

I hope you've been inspired to break out your paper pretties and crafty tools and create this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

Product Links to The Funkie Junkie Boutique


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Majo! I'm so glad you enjoyed the tutorial! Hoping you can play along with us in this fun challenge!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love this gorgeous tag and this fabulous tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan! It was such a fun tag to make. I hope you will play along with us in this fun challenge!

      Delete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed your SnapGuide tutorial Kathy and would never have guessed you are a novice! Your tag is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Redanne! I am still learning how to relax and enjoy the mixed media process. I get a little nervous in the middle of it all when it looks like a hot mess. But I let myself have fun with this one, and I confess, I am very pleased with the finished product. xo

      Delete
  4. Novice???! It looks like you're a pro! Love those crackled leaves on your background! This gorgeous mixed media background shows off these rustic fall papers and elements beautifully! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! You know that patterned paper is my comfort zone but I did have fun with this.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, but to many steps to try. Keep up the good work. Edna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edna. It does sound like a lot of steps when you write it down, but it's actually pretty organic when you are in the flow of making it.

      Delete
  6. Hi Kathy! Your tag is really beautiful! Thank you for the great tutorial and product tips. What do you do with your tags? Just wondering; mine seem to accumulate and not sure what to do with them lol! Great job, Sherry in VA

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snap-guide tutorial is such a great help for a visual of how to create this tag. The number of steps and layers is awesome. I like the challenge it provides me--using a number of products and techniques I've never tried. Thanks for sharing this, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete