Thursday, June 6, 2019

Guest Designer - Adrijana Knez (aka Paper Beauty AK)

Please welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Embellishments, Trinkets and Trims' challenge - Adrijana Knez (aka Paper Beauty AK). Adrijana was the winner of our 'Spring is in Full Bloom' challenge.


"Hello dear crafty souls. My name is Adrijana (Jana) aka Paper Beauty AK. I’m 45 year old and I live with my family in a small country – Slovenia. I'm married to a graphic designer and we have three beautiful children. We love nature...mountains, sea, forest and animals. And I love gardening.

I’ve dabbled in a variety of crafts, and my true passion has always been card making: book cards & exploding boxes, albums... until recently (2 years ago) when I discovered the world of mixed media! Now I just can't stop myself from making a mess!


I love making 3D projects with a lots of layers, embellish and different papers collections. I started blogging in January 2014 (my old blog: Janin ustvarjalni vrt eng. Jane’s Creative Garden). My new blog (start January 2018) Paper Beauty AK is virtual happy place to share some paper projects with step by step photos tutorial. I am continually inspired by the amazing people I’ve met in blogland (workshop by Dorota Kopeć 2016, 2017 and 2018) and the wonderful friendships I’ve made. The crafting community is filled with such generous and talented artists.

In 2018, I was invited as a teacher and I had two workshops in Maribor called "6. Creative Week with Art Maribor 12.3. - 17.3.2018", where we created an exploding box and dream catcher.

Thank you so much to the Frilly and Funkie team for inviting me to spend the day with them. I’m thrilled and honoured to be here with such a talented group of artists."


"This week we have a very interesting challenge, it’s called “Embellishments, Trinkets and Trims”. So I decided to created an album with Stamperia paper collection “Alice”, which is perfect for vintage look combined with watercolor paper. I really love this collection that are just calling to create a paper story with them. If you know my work, than you know that I love to use a lot of different embellishments: paper flowers, chipboards, art stones... On my album, I used a lot of chipboards “Wonderland”, that fit nicely with design papers. I then added some mechanical pieces, charms, flowers, laces and ribbons. Come and join us, we can’t wait to see your gorgeous creations! Please take a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the photos."












***
Adrijana is very active on her social media so make sure to check out her project and all of her other fabulous work here;

The 'Embellishments, Trinkets and Trims' challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, June 18th so make sure to link your projects and join in the fun.

On Saturday one of our designers will be here with a new Saturday Showcase and then the gals on the Funkie side of the team will be here next Wednesday with more inspiration for the challenge.

5 comments:

  1. What a stunning album you have created here Adrijana x Its absolutely fabulous and I love each and every page filled with stunning papers and embellishments xx

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Annie ❤️ I’m very happy you like it ❤️😘

      Delete
  2. Dear Frilly and Funkie DT ladies ❤️ Thank you again for your GDT invitation 😃
    Have a nice weekend, Adrijana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love your detailed book and thank you for joining us as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely amazing Adrijana!!! Love how you've embellished the pages throughout this gorgeous album and added your own inky pages to match! Thank you for joining us here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete