Thursday, June 20, 2019

Guest Designer - Lucy Foxworth

Please say hello and welcome to our Guest Designer for the Home, Sweet, Home challenge.  Lucy Foxworth was the winner of our I Love It Because challenge and can be found on her blog, Paper, Glitter, Glue.


Hello. I am so honored to be chosen as a guest designer. I've been seriously crafting for the past 3-4 years with little cardboard houses as my favorite thing to make. That's why I was so tickled to be chosen for the Home Sweet Home challenge - just another excuse to make a little house. My other hobby is cycling - specifically bike touring. About 3 years ago I went on a 2 month bike tour in the Northwest US that was so much fun that I am planning another trip for next year. My photo is from the first real mountain pass my brother and I rode over - Rainy Pass. Only we had sleet instead of rain. I wore essentially every piece of clothing I had because it was so cold. I have such fond memories of that trip despite the cold and rain.



My interpretation of home always includes pets, our loving animal companions that we bring into our hearts and homes. So for this challenge I made a miniature doghouse out of cardboard for Duke the dog. He's one of the dogs from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous set of Crazy Dogs. There's also a base he sits on so he easily be moved. The pattern for the doghouse is very simple so you can make your own doghouse for your favorite doggie. And then add a photo of your own canine family member in front.

* * *
To see all the details of Lucy's cute little dog house, check out her blog post.  When you are finished paying Lucy a visit, come on back and share your creation that reminds you of home.  The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm on Tuesday, July 2nd.

On Saturday, one of our designers will be here with another Saturday Showcase and next Wednesday the gals on the Funkie side of the team will share their Home, Sweet, Home inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled to see Lucy here as our Guest Designer with one of her wonderful houses! And how sweet it is for her to think of our furry friends; what a fabulous dog house and Duke couldn't be cuter! Thank you for all of your hard work and inspiration, Lucy! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my --- this is such an adorable project! I love that you included dogs -- we have two, and they certainly fill our home with love (and pet hair - smile!)
    Such a cute little dog house and doggie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lucy on being a guest designer here!!! I love your pet house as I do love your other houses!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable dog house! The shingles are fantastic and Duke sweet as can be! Thanks for Guest Designing with us!

    ReplyDelete