Saturday, June 8, 2019

Saturday Showcase: Stamperia Alice Mixed Media Tag Tutorial


Hello, Friends! Happy Saturday! It's Kathy here with this week's Saturday Showcase. Today I'm sharing a tutorial for this Stamperia Alice Mixed Media Etcetera Tag. While this is not a complete step out tutorial, I do have several great techniques, tips and ideas that I think you will enjoy.


I decided to let my Girly Grunge side and my Shabby Chic side throw a Mixed Media Party for this Saturday Showcase. It's fun to experiment with new product, try new techniques and make a mess!


I began by painting the outer edges of my Etcetera Tag with Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint. While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled it liberally with Seth Apter Dusk Baked Velvet. I let the excess slide off onto a piece of clean paper and put it back in the jar. Then I heat embossed. Adding embossing mediums over wet Distress Paint is a very quick and easy way to add wonderful texture to a project. The wet paint replaces the need for embossing ink, and sometimes it actually cracks or bubbles while being heated, adding even more texture, which I love.


Baked Velvet Mediums heat emboss to a matte finish, which is such a neat look. Next, I dry brushed more Cracked Pistachio randomly over the Baked Velvet. While still wet, I sprinkled Patina Oxide randomly about, then heat embossed. The end result is this incredible weathered wood effect. Yummy!


This photo is a before/after of a bunch of metal embellishments. I tapped the metals with Cracked Pistachio, then heat embossed with Dusk Baked Velvet. While the surfaces were still hot, I sprinkled with Patina Oxide (use tweezers if you touch the metal...it's HOT!) then embossed a second time. Some areas were then highlighted again with paint. I love the patina this created. It also served to give all these varied finishes a uniform look. Now I was ready to go to work on the details of the tag, which you will see in the tutorial below. But first, here are some detail photos for you to enjoy.






This tag flips over to reveal a 4" x 6" waterfall feature. I had to get creative to make this work...and I'll show you how in the video tutorial.

So grab a cuppa and a snack, and let's get our craft on!


Thanks so much for sharing your Saturday Morning with me! I hope you have a lovely weekend, and find some time to get crafty!

Cheerio,
kathy

SUPPLY LIST
Other Products
 

10 comments:

  1. Wow..this project is incredibly creative. Love everything Kathy does. tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Helen! It was really fun to take it off the page for this project! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. What a delight - those patina surfaces on the embellishments and especially the "aged" shutters are amazing. Gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous make Kathy and the details incorporated make it quite special x TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming! I love the window framing the rabbit and then the beautiful embellishments building around the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzz! It had been a while since I'd played with these mixed media techniques, and I had such fun!

      Delete
  5. Kathy, this is such a fun project, and it was even more fun to watch you create it! The window is a great idea, and I have embellishment envy right now. So well done from top to bottom, front to back! Chalk up another fabulous project from Kathy Wright Clement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sara! I do love my embellishments, and that's a fact! It was fun to pull them out and put them to good use on this project.

      Delete
  6. Gosh I always learn so much from watching you create your gorgeous projects Kathy and you've done it again here! The transformation of those charms is fabulous and I love how you've used the window on this clever flip tag. Thank you for sharing so much inspiration with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I am sitting down this afternoon to attempt this project. One day i will take a photo of all my "kathy" projects and post it. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete