Saturday, July 4, 2015

Saturday Step X Step - Happy Anniversary

Hello Everyone! Glad you dropped in to Frilly and Funkie today. Pamellia here with my Saturday Step by Step. I have put together a lovely summer Anniversary card for some friends of mine. Some new techniques using old products and some old techniques using new products, all available at Linda's shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


For the background layer I used my blending tool to apply distress inks Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint. I added a little Brushed Corduroy around the edges and then stamped the border using an emblem stamp from the Graphic 45 Time to Flourish set and Ranger Archival ink Coffee.


For the middle layer I coloured with Brushed Corduroy and then created a border using the new colour of Ranger Liquid Pearls, Brass. I love this colour because it goes with cool and warm palettes, it's sort of half way in between gold and copper.


For the top layer, I coloured with Dusty Concord and Peeled paint using my blending tool. I used some Ranger Texture Paste and the Tim Holtz Flourish stencil to create my pattern. While the paste was still wet I covered it with Ranger Queens Gold embossing powder and then hit it with my heat gun once the paste was dry.


I also used the Brass Liquid Pearls and the emblem stamp to create this belly band. It's about 2 inches wide and I coloured it with some Brushed Corduroy with my blending tool.


Here is a shot of the assembled panel before I attacked it with embellishments. I distressed all the edges and then I used foam pieces to raise every layer including the belly band, to create a wonderfully dimensional base. The gold flourish is easier to see here in this shot.


For the bookplate frame, I coloured it with Peeled Paint using my blending tool and then dragged the Brushed Corduroy ink pad across the surface to create a sort of crosshatch pattern. Some more Brass liquid pearls adorn the inner ring.


I crumpled the leaves of the Garden Greens just enough to leave some random textures, so when I spritz it with the Peeled Paint distress ink spray, it creates a natural looking pattern. The Happy Anniversary sentiment is also from the Graphic 45 Time to Flourish stamp set.


That's right, another new flower! Not sure what type of flowers they look like, but they were fun to make. I used the smaller of the rounded petal flower die and I lightly dusted the edges of the petals before wetting, scrunching and drying.


Here are some photographs taken in better lighting. I hope you will zoom in and have a look at the wonderful detailing I added. That doily die is from Prima and the brad and muse token are Tim Holtz products. A little twine bow and tie, and a teeny tiny cutsie little butterfly sits on the edge of the sentiment. It's from the French Flight stamp set from Sizzix.







I hope you enjoyed my tutorial . Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. There's still time to enter our current challenge "SOMETHING TO SAY", where we are looking for your shabby chic or vintage style project with a sentiment as the main focus, whether you stamp it, print it, write it or die cut it. We'll be back first thing on Monday to announce the winners of our last challenge, 'It's Summer' so make sure to check in for that.

Thanks for stopping in!
Hugs, Pamellia :)

If you would like to try some of these wonderful products, they are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

29 comments:

  1. What a fantastic tut Pamellia your really are the queen of shabby chic. The details on the layers are gorgeous especially the liquid pearls and gold embossing. Such a beautiful finished anniversary card your friends must have been thrilled with it. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamellia,
    thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial on this stunning creation.
    Love everything you have created on this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous..love those layers..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING!!!! Pamellia it's always a joy to see what you create and now to find out how you do it is such a treat! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Totally stunning! Thank you for a fabulous tutorial.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great step by step Pamellia, one I really would love to try.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super tutorial Pamellia, a gorgeous card and perfect vintage colours. Adore this.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Pamellia, adore all the layers and the embossing in the background. Wonderful colours too and those flowers are simply gorgeous. Love this. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! Thanks so much for the tutorial, Pamellia!! I love seeing how your crafty process comes together!! Each detail is perfection!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific tutorial Pamellia thank-you and an uber gorgeous card. Your new flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the layer with the embossed flourishes! This card is absolutely fabulous, with the amazing color combo, gold touches, and of course, the flowers! Thanks for showing us how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drop-dead amazing! So many wonderful details and I love the colors you used. Sensational tutorial, Pamellia! TFS!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Pamellia and wonderful step by step!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunner Pamellia and it is soooo romantic. L love that distressed paper and the so beautiful flowers.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stupendous card and a great step x step. I love the colour combination and all the wonderful layers. The flowers are stunning and the greenery looks great.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Pamellia! Love to see your creative process! All the inking and layered looks fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed your tutorial very much Pamellia, your card is gorgeous and it was wonderful to see how you put one of your fantastic creations together! Love this... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the sweetest, daintiest, most elegant and beautiful anniversary card EVER Pamellia. What a wonderful pleasure it would be to receive it. Thanks bunches for the super tutorial and incredible pictures showing your lovely creation. j.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is beautiful! I always wondered about your layers, now I have an idea how you do it. Thank you!!! I do not know how you get the Perfect Pearls so perfect, or how you find the patience to do them, but they look fantastic. A lucky person will receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful tutorial Pamellia, great to see this beauty unfold step by step, I love seeing all those little details, - just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A terrific tutorial and a stunning card - wow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so gorgeous, Pamellia! I love looking at all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pamellia,
    I knew this was your piece before I even saw your name!! Your style is so soft and intricate. I love the way you've achieved your backgrounds and patterns! Every single shabby layer is perfection. Your flowers are exquisite! Thank you for the wonderful tutorial!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, thank you for the step by step to creating layers! Happy dance commences. If I knew how to bookmark or archive this post, I sure would Bubbles! This design and LO are spectacular! Wowzers! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pamellia your card is AWESOME ! So pretty, shabby chic, romantic !! Gosh love all the details and your tutorial. You did a fabulous job on this.
    Your flowers are extremely pretty too. I did'nt quite get if you used the lower left flower if looking at the flowers on the pic of the die ???? Did you use white cardstock and colored the edges with lilac ?
    You are so talented. Thank you so much for sharing !!!!
    Hugs from Monica... Spain
    ( mamablitger@hotmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Pamellia, thank you for your kind comment on my blog and becoming a follower, I am now following you.
    amazing card, great tutorial.. the design is wonderful, love those flowers using this die, shame on me had it for years and not used.LOL.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  27. We Provide The Best Packing and Moving Bangalore, Loading and Unloading india top and best~6~company Service Bangalore useful links:-
    Packers and movers Bangalore @ http://professionalmovers.in/

    ReplyDelete