Thursday, July 16, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Kathy!

Today we are welcoming our next Guest Designer, Kathy Clement of Kathy by Design. Kathy was chosen as the DT winner of the 'It's Summer!' challenge and was therefore invited to join us as Guest Designer. Let's move on to hear from Kathy!


Hello, Friends! I’m thrilled to be a guest designer at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog. I’ve enjoyed a lifelong love affair with paper, color and design and made my first card with Crayola Crayons and a Doodle Pad when I was about 4 years old. I married my sweet husband, Dale, in 1976 and together we have raised 5 lovely children and are now enjoying our 3 darling granddaughters. For many years, I was so busy with our home, homeschool, volunteer work at our church, and family business that I did not have time to play with paper. But I always kept a well-stocked art cupboard and even hosted a small art class for home schooled children for a time.


When my children had all fled the nest, I finally had time to pursue my love for paper and began making cards and little projects for my friends and family. Lo and behold, their friends and families began asking me to create cards and projects for them and before I knew it, Kathy by Design was born! I currently design for Crafty Secrets, Really Reasonable Ribbon, Polly’s Paper Studio and Canvas Corp Brands. Past design teams include Heartfelt Creations and 613 Avenue Create. I also design and create custom souvenir menus for BMW executive banquets held all over the world. I had no idea that this creative, exciting and fulfilling time lay ahead of me when I opened my first box of Crayola Crayons. Life really is full of wonderful adventures around every corner! I invite you to visit my blog, Kathy by Design to find out more about how I put today's card together.



I'm sure you'll all agree that Kathy's card is beautiful, and a big thank you from all of us at Frilly and Funkie for providing even more inspiration for the current challenge 'Raise It Up!'

If you would also like the chance to join us as Guest Designer all you need to do is join in with the current challenge!

16 comments:

  1. SUPERB Kathy!!! LOVE the layering inside and out on this. Off to see more on your blog. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, you certainly raised it up here Kathy.Such rich colours too.Great work x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, you certainly raised it up here Kathy.Such rich colours too.Great work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you have no trouble raising it up to day!...amazing what a packet of crayons can do....LOL. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for inviting me to be Guest Designer! It was loads of fun. I've loved Frilly/Funkie for ages....and you are all so sweet to work with. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful Kathy! I love the Graphic 45 papers that you used and that big bow and flower are just lush!! Thank you so much for joining us as a Guest Designer for my Raise It Up challenge, it's such a pleasure to have you here. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy I am so glad you picked up those Crayola Crayons and Doodle Pad at such a young age. What an amazing talent you have. Your cards are gorgeous. Love your use of color and layout. It's great to see you here at Frilly & Funkie. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Kathy and thank you for sharing your wonderful Graphic 45 card. Love all the different elements you managed to raise up in one card capped off with that gorgeous flower and big bow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your GDT spot, Kathy! Your project is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot Kathy!!! What a gorgeous vintage card you made!!! Thank you for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to know a little more about you Kathy and your love for papers! This card is gorgeous with the reds and blues and lovely papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a huge fan of your creations, Kathy! I love your card! It has a wonderful vintage, hometown feel to it. Every element is perfectly placed, and everywhere you look there is something to draw the eye. Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy is such an amazing designer! Her project is fantastic. All those layers and those perfect bows and fabby paper!!! Well done, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautfiul projects by Kathy and so nice to meet her, thanks for the introduction Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Kathy on your GDT spot! So well deserved! Your projects are fantastic! Love all the love that is obviously put into your creations!

    ReplyDelete